Baby Massage Maidenhead
Classes held in a warm, relaxing, homely environment. No rush and no stress. Baby Centred.
Massaging your baby is a good means of postural assessment. It maintains and promotes flexibility while your baby sstrengthens their spine, hands, arms, shoulders and back. You can learn these amazing skills by attending a course in baby massage and movement with me. Such an amazing first activity to do with your baby and with your friends.
Colic and Calming massage consultation – Read below.
Private group courses for NCT / antenatal groups message 07711 938856
Courses run regularly in Maidenhead throughout the year Click HERE to see courses
Hire a baby constipation, wind and colic & calming consultant
Facilitated by Louise Prince baby massage instructor, NNEB nursery nurse and qualified massage therapist. I provide call outs for parents of babies with tummy troubles like baby constipation, wind, colic, reflux. A two-hour consultation designed for parents whose babies are suffering from colic, reflux, constipation, wind and crying. The consultation and practical treatment aims to support parents through this demanding time, address the issues and help you through it. It’s important to understand where the route of the problem might be coming from, I listen hard to you (you know your baby best) and we chat about sleeping, feeding and what you feel the problems are.
I offer information and practical tools to help the problems and discuss further options available. Referrals to a network of professionals if further support would be useful. One of the most important parts of this session is the treatment I give baby. As a massage therapist and baby massage instructor, I massage baby assessing their digestive system and working it as needed. It’s a gentle but effective treatment.
I prefer baby is happy so you can stop anytime and feed your baby, I also will walk around, move baby into different holds and maybe show them what’s out the window! You should expect your baby to become tired from the treatment and sleep well and I’ll leave you with some tools to help you soothe your baby between sessions. I find most babies only need a couple of treatments to show a marked improvement with immediate results only a few hours after the first treatment.
To book or for more information please send me a text 07711 938856 and I’ll be in touch to help.
I trained with Peter Walker. Here is a link to one of his youtube videos to see what it’s all about https://youtu.be/IT2Un_EKXgg
What can you learn when massaging your baby?
- Techniques that ensure full flexibility of joints including spine, shoulders, hips, knees and ankles.
- Supporting your baby’s posture whilst playing, sitting and standing
- Keeping baby’s spine straight and strong when bending forward, sitting and standing;
- How to encourage a wide variety of versatile movement and good balance;
- Develops your babies strong structural foundation and boost self-confidence
- How to keep the baby’s heels down and spread the baby’s feet securely on the floor to enable him/her to stand and walk with more confidence and security;
- Open the front of chest and shoulders, which helps to deepen breathing volume
- Relax your baby’s tummy to ease anxiety, colic and other tummy ailments
- Stimulate ascending and descending colon to encourage an easier digestive system and a more relaxed baby that sleeps better too!
- Encourage and promote your baby’s circulation to warm and relax your baby’s legs and feet.
- Maintain emotional attachment and confidence in handling your baby.Up to date course and information can be found on our facebook page
About Louise Prince your tutor
I have taught baby massage with mums for the RBWM and Bracknell forest borough who are supporting young and teenage mothers. If you’re a returning mum you’ll have seen me at Clewer Youth and Community Centre, Windsor, The Lawns Children’s Centre, Windsor, Maidenhead Nursery Children’s Centre (North town) Ellington Children’s Centre, Maidenhead, The Rowans Children’s Centre, Bracknell, Langley Church Hall (for the rowans CC). Crownwood Children’s Centre, Bracknell. I taught for 6 years in local children’s centres and was a valued member of their team.
Ask a question or book an appointment below
Text or Ring: 07711 938856
Appointment availability with Louise and Jeanette are:
Monday to Friday and Saturday mornings