Help your baby progress through developmental movement to standing and walking with perfect posture.
Giving you the skills through games, movement and massage to encourage your baby to roll, sit, crawl, stand and take steps.
SEPTEMBER Starts on 10/09/19 then 17/09/19, 24/09/19 & 01/10/19
NOVEMBER Starts on 05/11/19 then 12th 19th 26th Nov.
Time: 10am – 12pm. Please arrive between 10am – 10.15am. We will try and settle in and complete registration along with the introduction presentation quickly. Course starts after this, then teas and coffees. Carriages by 12pm please!
Venue: Courses run in my home in Cox Green, Maidenhead, which means I can control the environment well.
What to expect:
The set up is completely different to any other massage course, mainly because this is more about games, songs and movements that encourage your baby to sit unaided, stand and walk unaided, without you having to break your back helping them walk holding their hands.
I teach a massage which is over-the-clothes and can be given whilst your baby is laying, sitting or standing to be appropriate for this on-the-move age group!
At the end of the session there is time and space for babies to snooze or socialise and practise their new skills whilst you enjoy a hot cuppa with a biscuit and a chat with mums.
Why do this course? With more and more ‘convenience products’ like the bumbo, door bouncers, walkers and jumperoos, our children aren’t encouraged to keep the best posture, or sit, crawl, stand building muscles that are actually going to be helpful.
- Tone muscles to allow movement, but sustain flexibility
- Stand up confidently with strength, not pull themslves to standing
- Work with gravity and drive heel to toe when walking
- Keep joints flexible, but strong.
- To encourage good sitting posture.
- Opportunity for babies to have fun and interact with parent
- To encourage muscles needed in lower back, not just legs for standing.
- To enocurage baby to stand with correct posture instead of pulling themselves to standing.
- To encourage good heel to toe foot movement for prep for walking.
You cannot afford to miss out on teaching your child these essential skills.