Find the magic in your hands!
Ignore the dishes, for a moment, imagine a warm, quiet room, just you and your baby, feeling filled with love as your baby gazes into your eyes. Bonding is this moment. Special. Healing.
Bonding is the intense attachment that develops between you and your baby. You’ll stroke your baby with aa natural nurturing touch that only you will portray your love to your baby.
Scientists are still learning about bonding. They know that the strong ties between parents and their baby provide the baby’s first model for intimate relationships and foster a sense of security and positive self-esteem. And parents’ responsiveness to an infant’s signals can affect the child’s social and cognitive development.
Bonding doesn’t always happen in pregnancy or when you’ve had your baby. Not all mothers feel an over whelming gush of love for their baby immediately after birth, bonding takes time and sometimes longer than you might think.
Ways in which babies bond in a baby massage class with Louise. When you’re a new parent, it often takes a while to understand your newborn and all the ways you can interact:
- Touch becomes an early language as babies respond to skin-to-skin contact. You can say so much through touch, offering reassurance, love and affection.
- It helps promote your baby’s healthy growth and development through yoga movements. These are specifically designed to encourage flexibility and strength.
- Eye-to-eye contact provides meaningful communication at close range. Babies can follow moving objects with their eyes. Repeat the songs we sing at home with them, copying your movement enhances their cognitive development too.
- Your baby tries — early on — to imitate your facial expressions and gestures. This emotional, empathic ability is so important in your baby’s development.
- Your baby prefers human voices and enjoy vocalizing in their first efforts at communication. Your baby will often enjoy just listening to your conversations, as well as your descriptions of their activities and environments.
All these benefits among others are provided by a 40minute massage that you can give to your baby. Louise teaches in her home in Maidenhead. Come and learn some today.